A bundt cake is a dessert cake that is baked in a bundt pan, shaping it into a distinctive riged ring.
The pan sold somewhat slowly until a Pillsbury-sponsored baking contest in 1966 saw a bundt cake win second place. This prompted a scramble for the pans, causing them to surpass the tin Jell-O mold to become the most-sold pan in the United States. Since introduction, more than 50 million bundt pans have been sold by the Nordic Ware company.
Below is my recipe for Chocolate Chip Pound Cake.
1 (18.25 ounce) package devils food cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) page instant ocolate pudding mix
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup water
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/8 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, instant pudding and sugar.
- Add the water, eggs and sour cream, mix until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared Bindt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before invertin onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar before cuting and serving.