Shrimp Creole has many variation and combinations. You can substitute the shrimp with other types of seafood like, lobster, scallops, crayfish or crab, different types of meats can also be added.
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon Worchestshire Sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound frozen, peeled, coooked small shrimp, thawed
Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in oil for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, cayenne and the Worchestshire Sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve with rice, if desired.
This recipe is very quick and easy. You can adjust the "heat" depending on your taste.
Enjoy and have a blessed day.