Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taking My Own Advice

So....my Birthday came and went last week, very uneventful, except for these nagging questions I have been plagued with since I returned home from vacation.  Why can't I get myself motivated?  What is it going to take to organize my life and my time?  What am I afraid of?

Last week I blogged about time management and how to attain your goals.  I went back and re-read what I had written and then decided, "Hey, what if I took my own advice"?  How could I organize myself and my day to get the most out of each and every minute?  I know, I think I will work on a "to do" list. 

There it begins.  I am working on prioritizing my list and setting my new goals.  I am trying not to expect miracles, I know it will take time but, it is a beginning.  I am starting out with small items on my list and checking them off as they are completed.  I will let you know how it is all working out as time goes on.

In the meantime, here is my recipe for making Pork Burritos.  For those of you that don't know how to roll a burrito, watch the video link below.  Ole!!





Slow Cooker Pork Burritos

Ingredients:

1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds)


1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth

1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning

1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 can (16 ounces) refried beans

1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies

14 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed

Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped green pepper, guacamole, reduced-fat sour cream and shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese.

Directions:


Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, taco seasoning, parsley, garlic, pepper and salt. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is very tender.

Remove pork from the slow cooker; cool slightly. Shred with two forks; set aside. Skim fat from the liquid; stir in beans and chilies. Return pork to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla; add toppings of your choice. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 14 servings.

No comments: