Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Revitalizing Your Life Through Food


1 Corinthians 3:16-17         
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.


As many of you know, I have battled with health issues for many years.  Learning to that you are going to have to live with chronic pain is never easy. This can especially be true when that diagnosis is chronic nerve pain, a form that is notoriously difficult to treat.

I have been forced to re-evaluate my life and make some very serious changes, beginning with my eating habits and finishing it off with a fitness regime.  In the beginning I wondered how I was going to be able to exercise, when most days I could not even get off of the couch. I had not been able to put shoes on my feet for almost 3 years and going to the gym or taking a walk around the block seemed so unrealistic to me.  I began doing research on my condition and decided that I was not going to be "held hostage" by this disease.  I realized that the only way to free myself from this bondage was to overpower my illness and take it by storm!  And so I did!!

Don’t think that having chronic pain has to limit what you are able to do. Regular exercise and a healthy diet have been shown to reduce the effects of chronic pain, especially when used in conjunction with other treatments. Exercise and a healthy lifestyle can give you more energy, help you sleep better and maintain your strength and endurance.

I would like to share with you what I have learned and how I have slowly began to regain control of my life.  It all began with a text message inviting me to a Challenge Party.  Having no idea what it was or what I was in for, I decided to take a chance and go.  That was the beginning of a life transformation for me.

You see, I had a desire to transform my life, and improve my health and along the way I am able to increase our prosperity.  I not only had a dream of being able to walk, unassisted, but, I wanted to be free of the mounting debt that this illness has put upon us. 

In the last 90 days I have begun to get in shape, I have lost 28 pounds, I go to the gym, and I have shoes on my feet!  Attending that Challenge Party and learning about ViSalus has helped me to achieve life-changing results.  Now I am able to take these results and share them with you.

I am embarking upon my second 90 day Challenge and I am inviting all of you to join me on this journey.  The Challenge is built upon nutrition that helps your body to burn fat, support lean muscle, boost metabolism and control hunger.  With five different Challenge Kits to choose from, achieving success is as simple as selecting a kit.

Everyday I have a wonderful tasting shake for breakfast and one for lunch.  I make sure to eat a healthy snack in between these meals and one between lunch and dinner.  Then my husband and I sit down to a well balanced meal for dinner.  It is these recipes that I would like to share with you.

www.jzaveral.bodybyvi.com





Penne with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto



Ingredients

  • 12 ounces penne pasta
  • 1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Directions

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.

Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.

Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.

 www.jzaveral.bodybyvi.com

No comments: